Building a community of digital learners in university and industry
Digital nature of education
The universities face two challenges that are big opportunities at the same time. One is the digitalization and communication paradigm. The students are digital natives and use technologies all the time while most universities practice the traditional pattern of teaching. In response to their needs, universities need to adapt learning to Millennials. Another challenge is the necessity to link the education with the practice, integrate the reality of professional innovation activities to the context of education according to the demand of industry.
Thus, the best university of tomorrow is one that is able to orchestrate the wide diversity in the supply of teaching materials, project-based learning in international multidisciplinary teams and real needs of industry and society.
1. Benchmarking, coordination and synchronization of the requirements and contents of Industrial Innovation. Standardization of its e-learning elements.
3. Building up the blending Labs (B-Labs)at partner universities, knowledge and technology transfer
4. Launch of the consortium platform for Open education in Industrial Innovation that connects teachers, students and industry/business (at least 100 industrial and business partners).
Using the built structure in the Non-Eu universities in the form of B-Labs. The content and infrastructure created in response to Industries. Launched on the open e-learning platform which allows delivering blended and online course in the field for consortium universities and industry.
What are the objectives of CEPHEI Project?
- Benchmarking, coordination and synchronization of the requirements and contents of Industrial Innovation. Standardization of its e-learning elements.
- Turning at least 50% (60 ECTS) (or equivalent in partner universities) of Industrial Innovation education into the blended form.
- Building up the blending Labs (B-Labs) at partner universities, knowledge and technology transfer.
- Launch of the consortium platform for Open education in Industrial Innovation that connects teachers, students and industry/business.
What are the key results of the project?
- List of Standard teaching units for blended learning
- 5 Labs and studios equipped for the development of course content +support
- Courses embedded in LMS and adjusted to curriculum
- eLearning platform for Industrial Innovation blended learning +support
- At least 100 industrial and business partners
How do we work on the project progress?
The project progress is achieved via continues work on 9 main work packages.
What does it mean to be CEPHEI Industry partner?
The core idea of CEPHEI Project is to link universities to industry. Mutually beneficial links between universities and industries can support students in acquiring the skills and knowledge they need for the workplace. Linking with industries provides many benefits such as:
- research into commercially viable products or processes;
- increased prestige;
- profit through royalties;
- shifting the responsibility and cost of in-house training from industries to universities;
- providing authentic experiences;
- preparing students for the corporate world;
- increasing the employability of a university’s graduates;
- creating a talent pathway between universities and companies.
How can I join CEPHEI as Industry partner?
If your company is ready for new opportunities, just fill in the registration form.
What communication channels are used in CEPHEI?
As CEPHEI Project is multinational all communication between parties is arranged in English.
- Face-to-face consortium meetings approximately every 3 months.
- Web-meetings every month.
- Rocket Chat all the time.
- All project-related documents are available on Google Drive.