It is an online course for all interested in algorithms of systematic creativity. We will learn algorithms for step-by-step heuristics, conceptual design, new patentable ideas. Course modules are modern TRIZ and other analytical tools that have proven their efficiency in the industry.
Have you ever thought why it is hard to find an idea that can save a product, project or business? How to analyze the situation where you need an out of box solution? How to deliver systematically the list of patentable concepts to improve a product or a service? How to circumvent patents of competitors and develop IP strategy?
There are videos with a theoretical part in the course, interactive quizzes and problems. There are 50+ examples of smart new product design, technology troubleshooting and inventive solutions, many of which are coming from success and failure stories of technological giants. Most cases originate from engineering domain, although basic knowledge like how car breaks work and what is inside a refrigerator...except food ;).
Through the course you will:
- Learn via real cases
- Take part in brain teasers
- Challenge yourself in quizzes
- Apply the tools for inventive design
- Build your portfolio
Upon successful completion of the course the learner is expected to be able to:
- Distinguish conceptual design phase and instruments of it
- Search and analyze patent landscape
- Modulate ideation algorithms
- Design a new product and concept of the service on demand
- Identify the voice of the product and forecast technology evolution
- Evaluate design concepts from managerial and production prospectives
Course workload is equivalent to 3 ECTS