The aim of this course is to provide a big picture of innovation management through a customer-oriented and organizational-wide approach. This course also combines theory and practice, for example “design thinking” is combined with “from ideation to production”.
The main themes of this course are: innovation as competitive advantage; methods of innovation management; technology management; design thinking; and the process of ideation to production.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner is expected to be able to:
- Appreciate the impact of innovation and technology management on competitive advantage
- Understand the concepts, dynamics and methods of innovation management
- Appreciate the potential for how innovation can be amplified with technology management
- Use business-wise innovation approaches such as design thinking
- Understand the nature of the process from ideation to production, in theory and practice
The course is restructured into four modules:
- Introduction to Innovation and Technology Management
- Getting Familiar with Concepts on Innovation and Technology
- Why Technology Matters for Innovation? And how?
- Technology for Innovation, and Innovation for Customer