Industrial Seminar on Future Technologies
The aim of the Future Technologies in Industry seminar series is to offer direct access to the evolving knowledge and challenges in the field of Industry 4.0. The seminars aim to invite diverse R&D experts and practitioners who are working in the local industry implementing industry 4.0.
- Participants will have access to listen to the visions and challenges of current and emerging ICT technologies for industry
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to prepare appropriately to participate effectively in each seminar discussion.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to distinguish opinions and beliefs from claims and evidence and recognize that kinds of evidence will vary from subject to subject.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to evaluate and synthesize sources.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to follow discussions, oral arguments, and presentations, noting main points or evidence and tracking threads through different comments.
Students will gain awareness of the visions and challenges of different industries related to the use of new technologies in the field of ICT. Furthermore, before accepting or formulating an opinion or conclusion related to the use of new ICT technologies in industry, students will go through a comprehensive exploration of ideas and analyze the information of current state of the art from the perspective of industry and academia.
Some of the themes of the seminar are: automatization, data exchange, cloud services, cyber-physical systems, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and (semi-)autonomous industrial techniques, among others.
Participation in 6 seminars and their relate activities qualifies to 5 ECTS