Renewable Energy and Green Building Entrepreneurship
Welcome to the course where you learn to launch a new business in the energy, finance, real estate, design, engineering, or environmental sectors, while also helping you create positive environmental and human health impacts around the world.
We will integrate tools, trends, and tips from the field of entrepreneurship as a career path for making a difference and generating wealth in the renewable energy and green building sectors. This is not a course about theory. Instead, we focus on real world application, step-by-step advice, and case studies.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define key business opportunities, challenges, and potential solutions in the renewable energy and green building sectors.
- Analyze a successful business in renewable energy or green building.
- Identify 2 to 3 problems you might solve with either renewable energy or green building products or services.
- Plan for engaging with investors who might finance a new business.
- Take real world first steps towards launching a new business or corporate initiative, by applying the 1-page business idea summary template and the Business Model Canvas to generating and refining your own new business ideas.
- Get Inspired — The Power of 3: Entrepreneurship + Green Building + Renewable Energy
- Dive into Business — Real Opportunity. Real Challenges
- Blast Off — Moving from Ideas to Business Implementation