Design Thinking for Innovation
Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet.
During the course students will learn:
- What design thinking is and when to use it
- How to use design thinking to generate innovative ideas
- How to prepare to see and take action when opportunity arises
- How to take the many ideas you generate and determine which ones are likely to produce specific, desired outcomes
- What Is Design Thinking?
- Preparing Your Mind for Innovation
- Idea Generation
- Final Assignment